Mechanical Engineer – Class Society Liaison
About the job:
The Class Society Liaison is responsible for ensuring that the equipment manufactured by the company meets the requirements of Class Societies (DNV, BV, LR, ABS, RINA etc.) and other relevant regulatory bodies. This role serves as the main point of contact between the company and Class Societies and is responsible for ensuring that the company’s products are approved for use on ships and other marine-related facilities.
Although experience is important, it’s not mandatory as we value certain competencies and traits essential for success in this role. We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, are able to adapt to changing situations, communicate effectively, and have a strong work ethic. We believe that these competencies will be critical for success in this position and will allow the right candidate to excel in the role, even without extensive experience.
If you have the willingness to learn, we encourage you to apply and become part of a professional welcoming team!
If you check the points below you might be the right fit for our team!
- Bachelor’s degree in Naval, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field;
- Knowledge of Class Society requirements and marine industry regulations is a plus;
- Good English skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively;
- Driving license category B.
In your role, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as the primary point of contact for Class Societies and communicating with them as necessary;
- Negotiating contracts and pricing with Class Societies for specific equipment;
- Issuing invitations to inspectors for activities such as material identification, welding presentations, testing witnessing, and other relevant processes;.
- Ensuring that the equipment meets the standards and requirements set by the Class Society;
- Obtaining the necessary approvals and documentation from Class Societies in a timely manner;
- Maintaining records and documentation of all approvals and certifications, and ensuring that these records are kept up-to-date;
- Collecting from the organization and preparing all the necessary quality documentation, related to the design and manufacturing process, to support the approval of the company’s products by Class Societies;
- Providing guidance and support to the company’s engineering and production teams on Class Society requirements and standards;
- Ensuring that the company is up to date with changes in Class Society regulations and requirements;
- Attending meetings with Class Societies as necessary.
For your commitment we will reward you with:
- A healthy and stable work environment;
- Plenty of development opportunities for your own personal and professional growth;
- Holiday bonus;
- Meal tickets;
- Private health insurance;
- Extra days off upon years of work experience;
- Free access to the company’s gym;
- Free transportation;
- Team building activities
- Sports competitions.